I love shopping online but I enjoy shopping with friends just as much. But, where do I go as a plus size woman?
I thought I would devote some of my blogs to plus size stores you can actually go to and try on clothing. Where better to start then my hometown?
I live in Sint-Niklaas, a small city in the East-Flanders in Belgium. We have a shopping mall called ‘Waasland shopping centre’. Here they have plus size stores like ‘MS mode’ and ‘Paprika’ and some stores that carry a plus size collection like ‘H&M’, ‘C&A’ and ‘Bel&Bo’.
5 Go To Plus Size Stores.
1. MS Mode.
I just love this brand. MS Mode sells young and trendy plus size clothing for a sharp price. This is one of my favorite go to stores and their new collection looks amazing. They have good quality and stretchy jeans, fun tops and cool jackets. Really worth a visit!
They sell clothing from a European size 40 up to a European size 54. The sizing of MS mode is based on the Dutch and German sizes, which means they come out a size larger than usual so you have to buy clothing a size smaller. Find their size guide here.
Here is a list of a few of my favorite items of the new collection:
- Bomber Jacket, available from a European size 40 up to a European size 52 for 59.99 euros. Find it here.
- Metallic Plissé Top, available up to a 3XL for 24.99 euros. Find it here.
- Patched Up Jeans, available from a European size 40 up to a European size 52 for 54.99 euros. Find it here.
Paprika is a great brand for good quality plus size clothing at a great price. Paprika targets a different clientele than MS mode, but I found their new collection looked really good. I think Paprika has some great trousers to offer and their tunics are always beautiful and full of colour. They offer plus size clothing from a European size 42 up to a European size 56 and just like MS Mode I believe Paprika comes out a size too big or is closer to the Dutch and German sizing than the actual European sizing. Their size guide isn’t based on European sizes; they use numbers from one to six instead. A size 1 represents a European size 42 and a size 6, a European size 56. Find their size guide here.
Here are some great pieces from Paprika:
- Burgundy Leggings, available for 49.99 euros. Find it here.
- Loose Fit Blouse, available for 54.99 euros. Find it here.
- Leaf Print Tunic, available for 65.99 euros. Find it here.
This is a new store at the ‘Waasland shopping center’ and I have never been there before. They have a plus size brand called Vivella, exclusively for Bel&Bo, that offers clothing from a European size 44 up to a European size 54. For me personally, I think this brand offers classic plus size clothing at a sharp price and their new collection looks great.
Since I’ve never been here before, I tried some items on to see how their sizing was. I tried on a European size 50 jeans and it fitted me perfectly, so I would say Bel&Bo is true to size. You can find their size guide here.
Here are some of my favorite items:
- Pink Lace Top, available for 10 euros. Find it here.
- Floral Blouse, available for 32.99 euros. Find it here.
- Classic Straight Skirt, available for 34.99 euros. Find it here.
At C&A you will find plus size brands like CANADA, Clockhouse, Jessica and The Denim. They offer clothing up to a European size 54 while some items even go up to a European size 60. They have a selection of casual to classic clothing at a good price. And their new collection looks fantastic!
I would say that C&A is true to size, find their size guide here.
Some plus size pieces at C&A:
- Biker Jacket, available from a European size 46 up to a European size 60 for 60 euros. Find it here.
- Skinny Jeans, available from a European size 46 up to a European size 58 for 31.20 euros. Find it here.
- Classic Straight Leg Black Trousers, available from a european size 46 up to a european size 58 for 25 euros. Find it here.
The H&M store at ‘Waasland shopping centre’ carries the H&M+ collection. They offer trendy plus size clothing from a European size 44 up to a European size 54. Although I love H&M, it’s always a damper going in this store because their plus size collection is crammed on only 2 racks with hardly any room to take a good look at what’s in store. I think H&M+ has great jeans and coats, but their tops on the other hand are always oversized, which is not to my personal taste.
The sizing of H&M+ leaves much to be desired. They come out at least two sizes too small and I have to try on European size 52/54 pants when I’m actually a European size 48/50, find their size guide here.
Some of the items available in store and online:
- Khaki Jumpsuit, available for 49.99 euros. Find it here.
- Navy Loose Fit Blouse, available for 59.99 euros. Find it here.
- Burgundy Tunic, available for 29.99 euros. Find it here.
So dear followers, this was my listing of all the plus size go to places in my hometown, Sint-niklaas. I hope you enjoyed this blog. More plus size fashion news on the next spread.